Tuesday

Back to Life.... Back to reality

Its been a crazy summer and my temporary blogging hiatus is officially over. I didn't think the wedding in the family would be so consuming but overall it went well and after two months of total chaos and a few 8 hour plane rides later, I am finally back to a state of normalcy. I figured I shall fill my few readers up on what's been going on with me before I get back to my regular sports blogging.


  • The wedding was a long drawn out affair and basically lasted for an entire week of dinners and dressing up and trying to survive 4-8 hours a night in very uncomfortable shoes. Even though I bitched and groaned it was a blast as we had our entire family fly down from all over the world, some of them whom we rarely get a chance to see. The bride looked beautiful and the venue was stunning and before we could stop and absorb it all we were ready to fly off and continue with the wedding festivities on the other side of the world.

  • Next stop Pakistan... The wedding wasn't over just yet. We all flew to my country of birth and there was an encore wedding reception there. As a bonus, this year was also my 10 year reunion from high school. I have not been back home as much as I thought I would and had lost touch with most of my peers but got a chance to see some of them after 10 years which was great. Some were married with children and others hadn't grown up one bit .. Overall it was nice to look back at the good times and our youth.

  • Next up .... Dubai (United Arab Emirates) My parents left Canada last year and moved to Dubai but since its about a 16 hour plane ride this is my 2nd time visiting them in a year. I decided I wanted to spend my birthday with my family this year as usually I am away from them at this time of year. This turned out to be a not so good idea.. The birthday was great but the average temperature in Dubai was soaring around 50 degrees Celsius daily. My glasses fogged up when going from the house to the car and I could barely breathe as there were several dust storms happening. Dubai is a incredible place but note to self: never go there in the summer!!! 6 days was enough for me and I was ready to go home.

  • I got back on the 29th of august but not for long. Our usual trip to Vegas was booked for September 1st with 5 of my close friends and before I knew it I was off to sin city for some fun in the sun and if I was lucky some extra cash in my pocket. We stayed at the newest hotel in Vegas "The Wynn" and it was unreal... Huge suites with plasma TV's in the bathroom so u can bathe and watch TV and the room had stunning views of the pools, golf course and the Las Vegas strip. I had some luck at the tables rolling dice and won myself a mini shopping spree which was cool and also saw some celebs like Wayne Gretzky, Mos Def, Xzibit, Eric McCormack and Charlize Theron. Come Sunday night I was exhausted and ready to go home.

Now that my travels are done and the wedding is a memory I can finally get back to writing regularly. I have so many topics I have wanted to write about and have not had the time but I shall start off by a countdown to kickoff for the NFL season and then return to my regularly scheduled weekly top 5 sports stories of the week article. I hope to end the weekend with a little look into the free agent market in the NBA and the NHL. I have been reading other peoples blogs as often as I can but have not commented in a while but you all shall be hearing from me soon.

Ciao for now ... Nat.


5 comments:

Jdid said...

hurry up i need some nfl picks for my pool lol

good to have you back nat.

oh and funny thing about dubai in the summer is almost all the locals leave on holiday (at least when i was there). if they are afraid of the 50 degree temps you know its brutal. and yep had that fogged up glasses happen to me all the time too lol.

anyway glad that the wedding went well. sounds like you had a blast of a summer

Anonymous said...

I just have to ask you: in Pakistan did you run into "The Killer"? And did he bring his machine gun to the club?

-_- said...

I'm so glad you're back, sis! :o)
We didn't get to hook up this summer (with you so busy, ha ha) but, soon nuff!

That is all so cool... I keep hearing more and more about Dubai, even from Black people! (lmao) Gotta check it out.

Anonymous said...

The Killer? HA HA HA HA That Must be Justin~ But yes, Did you run into him?

dalia said...

naaaaaaaaaaat! you back! was wondering what happened to you!

glad to have you "home"!