Tuesday

I'm comin for that #1 spot! - NBA Draft Preview and Predictions

I have wanted to do this for a while... But, things like work, family commitments for the upcoming wedding and this crazy weather that tempts me to be outdoors every chance I get, have prevented me from being able to write out the article the way I would like to. As I am writing this we are 3 hours from draft time and time is not on my side to do a detailed analysis of what is to come. I am going to go ahead and throw out my predictions for the draft. If all goes as planned... I will return tomorrow to see how my predictions fared compared to the real thing and give a roundup of who went where and other major happenings that went down on draft day. With a deep draft this year but no stand out future Michael Jordan's, many teams are hoping to hit the lottery. This years draft is loaded with an abundance of Point Guards and Guards so teams looking to get bigger may be looking to trade their picks for something better. The list I am including does not include any potential trades...

Note: Utah has already moved up the ladder to the 3rd spot by acquiring that pick from Portland for the 6th and 27th pick as well as a conditional 1st round pick next year.

1. Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Bogut
2. Atlanta Hawks: Marvin Williams
3. Utah Jazz (from Portland): Chris Paul
4. New Orleans Hornets: Gerald Green
5. Charlotte Bobcats: Deron Williams
6. Portland Trailblazers: Danny Granger
7. Toronto Raptors: Antoine Wright
8. New York Knicks: Channing Frye
9. Golden State Warriors
: Hakeem Warrick
10. L.A. Lakers
: Fran Vasquez
11. Orlando Magic: Martell Webster
12. L.A.Clippers: Yaroslav Korolev
13. Charlotte Hornets
: Joey Graham
14. Minnesota Timberwolves: Raymond Felton
15. New Jersey Nets: Ike Diogu
16. Toronto Raptors: Jarrett Jack
17. Indiana Pacers
: Rashard McCants
18. Boston Celtics: Charlie Villanueva
19. Memphis Grizzlies: Sean May
20. Denver Nuggets: Francisco Garcia
21. Phoenix Suns: Wayne Simien
22. Denver Nuggets: Johan Petro
23. Sacramento Kings: Ersan Ilyasova
24. Houston Rockets: Chris Taft
25. Seattle Supersonics: Matt Walsh
26. Detroit Pistons: Julius Hodge
27. Portland Trailblazers: Ryan Gomes
28. San Anotonio Spurs: Salim Stoudamire
29. Miami Heat: Roko Leni Ukic
30. New York Knicks: David Lee

1 comment:

Jdid said...

granger dropped like a rock but charlie villaneuva come on now, i didnt expect this guy to get picked up till really late in the first. he was alright in college but i not outstanding and i just dont see that much upside

damn babcock again!