Saturday

Monologue: Crash!!!

SHE LIVES....
Sorry I have been MIA for this week ... It's 5 am Saturday early morning and I finally got a minute to recap my week and the madness that has happened. May 2-4 came and went and the shortened week flew by but not without all sorts of drama. I had to go into the office this week which can I say is really a long commute from where I live so I have not had energy to blog this week. Here goes the first of many monologues to come...

Last weekend I wanted to get out of the city but with my dad still in town for two more days I was unable to do so as I only see him a few times a year when he comes here for work. Friday night I went to see the movie "Crash" for the second time and loved it even more. I got a chance to pick up on a lot of the little things I overlooked the first time I watched it but I came out with more questions this time around. Hollywood has thrown our way a movie filled with stereotypes but this time they seem real but then I ask myself ..."Do we as the audience really want to pay money to see the reality we deal with everyday for free?" For me personally yes... It was worth it because sometimes people need to be shown what they are doing wrong in a realistic way in order to try to prevent this wrong doing from repeating itself. I made everyone I know watch this movie so I urge you all to go watch it.. You will not be disappointed.

Saturday my dad was leaving so we did some family time and when he was safely at the airport my younger brother decides to reveal to me that he failed courses at York and he has been placed on probation! Freshman year... Freedom... Parents moved to Dubai.. All that put together basically added to his laziness and he basically blew his first year of college. I have a 10 yr age gap on him and even though he isn't a poster child I have always had his back. I was a rebel when I was young but he has taken it to a new level. He tells me he needs me to tell my parents... Ugh.. I am not angry with him I just can't understand how he let it go so far without coming to me earlier. I'm thinking I shall wait a week to reveal this info to the parents.

Sunday kinda went by with the usual poker night and catching up on sleep and TV. Monday was my cousin's baby shower which was very random as it was put together last minute and we had no chance to get presents. I mean if you invite me on Sunday evening to a baby shower the next day when the entire city is closed for a holiday.. Chances are ..." YOU AIN'T GETTIN NO PRESENTS!!" I went back to my parents and some ppl were over we decided to have another poker game... Yes... I know I sound obsessed with the game but hey if I can leave every night 40$ richer I ain't turning that shit down!

Pretty drama free you say!! Not for long....

Monday night ... Last day of the long weekend a bunch of us decided to do up a poker game. I called my youngest brother and asked him if he wanted to join us and he was like "naa we just got some fireworks and we gonna blow them up at z's house"... So I'm thinkin aite cool. 10 minutes later I see my phone ringing and its him and I'm thinking ok maybe he does want to play. I pick up only to hear him crying ... He says "Nat... I crashed the car... Its really bad... Please come quick!" My heart was racing... All thoughts going through my head. I had just learned earlier that weekend he was on academic probation!! Now I gotta tell them he wrecked the car??? You gotta be shitting me...
My family moved to Dubai last summer so I am the eldest and end up taking a lot of responsibility for shit that goes down but man I didn't bargain for this! I get to the scene and there are nuff cops there and the fire engine and ambulance and all that. Mind you I never been in an accident so I don't know the protocol but they took statements and all that and after about 3 hours of standing in the rain ... We headed home. I drove him to the hospital to get his back checked and he got prescribed a good amount fo tylenol 3 (loaded with codeine) to get him thru the pain. Time difference and all I had to wait till 3 am to make the dreaded all to my parents.. But before that I drilled my bro. First question " WERE YOU HIGH?" cuz if he was I was not about to defend his ass to my parents saying it wasn't his fault. He wasn't... he was actually sober and scared. He kept saying he felt stupid and he coulda taken the turn slower and that if his friends would have gotten hurt he woulda killed himself. After a lot of talking I asked him if he wanted to tell my dad and he was like no I'm more scared of him than of God. This infuriated me... I am not very religious but I am god fearing because only he can give and take the ultimate thing which is "life". My brother has no faith and it hurt me, because I say if you survive a head on collision with a maple tree!! You might want to check in with who decided you should live thru it. Anyways my dad was really cool about that and he kept asking if my bro was cool and if he was hurt and all that. I told my parents my brother will call them the next day. I took Tuesday half day off and did all the insurance stuff and we found out the car was a write off and my dad the angel of a man he is asked my brother " well what car do you want now since you need to get to work everyday for the summer" I looked at my brother and just said " you can crash his car... But just don't crush his heart.." My dad is one of the most amazing people I know and what he did with his reactions to everything just showed me that everything he does he does for us. (wow I am getting all emotional and I have rambled)


The next few days flew by as I had a lot of work to do ... and all I could do is look forward to the weekend. This time I ask for a drama free one. It has started off well I went to see "The Longest Yard" with some friends and it was funny.. I love Chris Rock and Adam Sandler so I knew I couldn't go wrong with this one. On my way home I just saw a bus driver scratching his bingo ticket while driving the bus... Insane... First thought.. ccrazyyy!! Second thought.. The only crash I want to see now is the kind that happens when my head hits the pillow and I fall into a deep sleep...
Nat out...

My quote for this post is about having faith... I am a big beliver in "Things happen for a reson" ... you do the best you can , but you gotta have faith and leave the rest to the one up above...
"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe."- St. Augustine

3 comments:

Nat said...

^ I guess i used to feel that way towards my dad when i was younger.. i just hope all this makes my bro clean up his act a bit. Good thing health wise he is now ok

Jdid said...

wow crazy week. sorry to hear about your brother. I hope the back injury isnt too bad. sounds like you are the go between between him and your dad. I say let your brother grow up and handle the interactions with his dad.

Nat said...

yea... jdid i am the buffer.. now this upcoming week i will be spending my evenings visiting car dealerships in the hunt for a new car for them. thats the fun part :)