Sunday

Musical Baton and a Quick Update

Well it seems the Musical Baton is getting around. It was passed on from Jdid to Big N and he subsequently sent it my way. My readers are few and far between as I am still a newb to the blogging world but I am gonna try my best to keep it going.

Total volume of music files on computer:
Are you ready for this?? 48.2 GB ... Yes, if you ever need a track chances are I have it! I have been downloading music for years now and I know its not a great thing but I just cant get myself to pay for overpriced CD's anymore

The last CD I bought was:
Collision Course - Jay Z / Linkin Park. I first downloaded this album and I really enjoyed it considering I am not a big Linkin Park fan but then I was interested in seeing the DVD of how this all came together and thus the trip downstairs to Future Shop and the purchase of the CD with DVD included.

Song playing right now:
Still Tippin' - Mike Jones. Have you guys seen the video for this track.. He gives out his phone number and my dumb ass brother tried calling it from my phone a few times last weekend!! From what I heard he had to change his number asap as he was getting some ridiculous phone calls.

Five Songs I listen to a lot, Or that mean a lot to me:
ahhhh... Brain cramp... So much I like u want to to bring it down to 5?? The tracks I chose represent my favourite MC's and I just picked one track from my favourite albums by each of them. It's all about the lyrics... If its about the bitches and the ho's and the bling bling.. Chances are its not on my playlist but Nas, Canibus and Immortal have so much power in their music. I wish I could say I went and bought the albums but I didn't I plan to eventually I do have stillmatic and illmatic on CD for now.. Its a start. I am not going to do a run thru of each track so I hope you got the gist from this little note :)

1. Rewind - Nas (Stillmatic)
2. Cenoir Studies 02 - Canibus (Mic Club- The Curriculum)
3. The 4th Branch - Immortal Technique (Revolutionary Vol. 2)
4. Mosh - Eminem (Encore)
5. Earth a Run Red - Richie Spice (Universal)


Five people to whom I am passing the baton to:
I might drop the baton on this one

Solitaire
Yuri
Brucki
Nidserz
Kat

Well normally Sunday I would do my recap of my top 5 news stories but I figured I will just do the musical baton and throw in an update on what's going on with me. My regular article will be posted up tomorrow and since I have the day off work I hope to make it a good one! It was a pretty busy weekend for me but I had a blast
Friday was mellow as I had gone to watch "The Longest Yard" and once again as I said in my last post.. you really can't go wrong with it if you are a Chris rock or an Adam Sandler fan
Saturday we decided to do something different. There is an organization called
MyBindi and they had put together a south Asian comedy night. So I gathered up all the people I know who might be interested and 12 of us went out there not knowing what to expect. MyBindi is known to be one of them "lets get brown ppl together in a room so they can hook up to get married" type of organizations and most of their events are at clubs and bars.. All of which I have never attended. I was pleasantly surprised that the crowd that had come to this event was pretty balanced and there were people from all backgrounds there. It was real funny a 2 hour show and we decided not to stay for the after party which in other words was the "now its time to hook up brown people together". Basically we went to eat some sushi and decided to do our Sunday poker on Saturday and so the night rolled on and I came out 120$ richer which feels great :)
Today was a little different .. I discovered a new thing in Toronto (well its new for me) some part down near the lake shore called " The Distillery District" .. even though the weather was kinda crap the atmosphere was real nice and there was some kinda jazz festival going on. If it wasn't raining I probably would have sat there all day. They have a lot of nice restaurants there and the one we went to was called The Boiler House... Check it out they have a buffet for brunch on Sundays real nice a bit pricey though but the atmosphere was worth it. Now that I am done writing I am gonna cuddle up on my couch with a blanket and watch the Miami/Detroit game.. I am in need of some alone time and this game is just what the doc ordered. I shall return tomorrow with my sports update...
Nat


6 comments:

Jdid said...

nice song choices. richie spice, nas, immortal technique, canibus, whoa you gets props over here.

I heard the Distillery District is nice, a bit pricy all around but really cool

Nat said...

thanx jdid... immortal is amazing. i listen to his music alot... have you heard both his albums? Intense.
Richie Spice is amazing i think i have fainally found every single track he ever released...
Next week is some blues thing going down at the distillery district, i am debating checkin it out.

-_- said...

Thx for passing the baton! I shall blog on that. Seems interesting.

Anyway, I always pump my fist when I read your sports recaps. I'm like "YESSSS... she proves that females DO give a darn about the world of sports!"

bitchdoctrine said...

I love "rewind" hahahahha. Nas is the top storyteller... like Rakim and stuff. Talking about getting brains, drinking screwdrivers and shooting some fool up. Best song on a good ass album. 42 GB? Got -damn!

Anthony Peretore said...

Hey Nat, great site. I just got the new Common CD and it's honestly one of the best albums I've heard in a while. It's entirely produced by Kanye and they both did a great job. Check it out...

Nat said...

@soli: i wanna read a new "fince" story from ya.. those were classic...
thanx for the fist pumpin fer reals...

@starfoxx: nas is the shit for sure... if you ever wanna hear some intense stuff try coppin some of immortal techniques stuff.

@anthony: Thanx for stoppin by..
the new common album is definitely one of the best albums released this year. Starfoxx has it on her list in the musical baton.